Book a Free Consultation

Have you ever wondered how an interior designer can help you? If so, I’ve pin-pointed some essential information that will hopefully make things clearer and gathered some key questions you should ask yourself.

Good quality interior design should be seen as an investment rather than an expensive cost, especially since studies have found that the average Brit spends around 90% of the day indoors! A well designed interior has a huge selection of benefits such as improving your quality of life, wellbeing and the experiences you share with your friends and family. Interior design may not even be as expensive as you assume, especially since there are a whole host of design companies offering varied levels of services to suit different budgets.

Firstly, lets start off by asking yourself the following questions…

Do you find yourself overwhelmed with the amount of choice and struggle with making decisions?

Have you ever felt frazzled from your hectic work/family life and never seem to have the time to focus on renovating your home?

Are you worried about whether the decisions you make are right?

Do you value good design but haven’t got the creative skills to pull everything together yourself?

Have you got an awkward shaped space and unsure how to make the most of it?

If the answer is yes to any of these questions then carry on reading! I understand how hard it is to juggle work and family life; you’re often left with minimal time to yourself and you have to make sacrifices. When you’re feeling overwhelmed you can often put things off and never get anything finished! If you can relate to these feelings then you should probably enlist some help from an interior designer.

Example Mood Board Proposal

If you’re still unsure then here are 6 ways an interior designer can help you…

Success. No stress

It can be a fun and enjoyable experience, instead of daunting. A qualified professional can give you encouragement, advice and piece of mind, giving you confidence in the choices you’re making for your interior design project.

Decisions, decisions!

A designer has the knowledge about the latest trends, products on the market and often has the ability to source alternatives that may be more suited to you and your needs. They can help you narrow down the enormous selection of options to suit your lifestyle and will speed up your decision-making process.

Save money

Due to the vast amount of contacts a designer has, the product knowledge and expertise in managing budgets, they can often help you save money overall by helping you spend your money much more efficiently. Some designers even pass on their trade discounts to the client and the discounts received can equal the cost of the design service!

Avoid costly mistakes

A designer can advise on the right furniture, colour, lighting and finishes to suit the size of your space and lifestyle to ensure you get it right first time.

Tip: Always check access when buying furniture! When I worked in a furniture store a few years back, we had a customer who had to get a crane to lift their sofa into their duplex apartment because they didn’t check access was sufficient. It turned out to be a very expensive purchase!

Detailed wall elevation – Designed by Natalie Holden Interiors

Unbiased opinion

When shopping for products yourself, you can often wonder if the salesperson in the shop is just trying to sell you the most expensive item or whether they have your best interests at heart. An interior designer can help you weigh up all options with an unbiased opinion, so you don’t feel pressured into making the wrong choice.

Maximise on space

A qualified design professional has the skills and creativity to help you make the most of your space, such as maximising on storage or spacial layout to ensure your room is functional and in proportion as well as beautiful.

Interior Design By Natalie Holden Interiors. CGI by Square CGI

I offer a flexible interior design service which is tailored to each and every client’s needs and budget, whether that just be some colour advice and guidance for a single room or full project management of a whole house project.

Book a free consultation/

Sign up to our fortnightly newsletter to receive our free planning resources (budget guide and style guide) direct to your inbox. Our free budget guide and style guide is designed to make the research phase simple and stress free.

Categories: FAQ's, interior design

No Comments

Lin

All very true Natalie – I would say the best thing about hiring an Interior Designers is that they can help you to discover your own style – regardless of trying to follow the latest trends.

Lin

decoralist

Completely agree – and I also think it’s important to work with someone who specifically knows exactly what they’re doing. Cxx

decoralist

Catherine McCourt

If I had the money, I’d definitely use an interior designer. Being so short of time and a tad impulsive, I’ve rushed into projects before and found better things just a couple days afterwards, so it’d be a big help for me!

Catherine McCourt

Natalie Holden

I think there are a lot of misconceptions about interior design and people can often be intimidated, thinking it will cost them thousands of pounds in design fees. But designers can create a scheme using affordable products and work more on a consultation basis so fees aren’t as high as full project mamagement.

Natalie Holden

natalieholdenid

Sometimes it can be hard to articulate what you want! Sometimes people interpret things differently too so it can be a challenge to ensure you are both on the same page! That’s why showcasing ideas visually is sometimes best 🙂

natalieholdenid

fionamostyn

This is all so true. Designers can help you see how to really make the most of your home.

fionamostyn

Stacey Sheppard

Even though I have my finger on the pulse when it comes to interiors I still struggle a lot to pull together a scheme for my own home. I’m often overwhelmed by the choice and variety and I’m always afraid of making the wrong choices. Like you say, it’s so important to create a home that makes you feel good and you don’t want to spend your hard earned money on costly mistakes. A designer is a brilliant investment!

Stacey Sheppard

natalieholdenid

It so important to hire a designer that has created work similar to the style you like! X

natalieholdenid

Donna

Totally agree with all of this. I think a designer can translate thoughts and words into something that the client didn’t realise they wanted! I love empowering others to embark on this journey and coach them into making good decisions for their home x

Donna

Hollie Brooks | Audenza

Fantastic points! I think a lot of people assume you need a lot of money to hire an interior designer, but it can work out the same (or even cheaper!) once you factor in trade discounts and eliminating costly mistakes which you might have made on your own! Hollie x

Hollie Brooks | Audenza

Nicolette Lafonseca-Hargreaves

These are all really good points. It is hard as I am an utter control freak but after months f what can only be described as lighting fixture blindness I have now considered looking at a professional to help in this area.

In my opinion lighting can make or break a design and it is hard to get right.

natalieholdenid

It’s hard when you like to be in control! Maybe work with a designer on a consultation basis so that you can show all the ideas you have found so far, at least then you are looking at options together and they can make any suggestions too. That way you stay in control!

Nicolette Lafonseca-Hargreaves

In my opinion lighting can make or break a design and it is hard to get right.

natalieholdenid

carolyn

Hiring a designer is a must of you want the best results. People try to save money by going it alone, but they generaly regret it in the long run

carolyn

Pop-up In The Palm House Success! | Interior Design Service In Liverpool

[…] Thanks again to everyone who came over to say hello; please keep in touch and follow me on instagram @n_h_interiors where you can stay inspired, see the current projects I'm working on and the behind the scenes of what an interior designer does! If you didn't get a chance to speak to us then feel free to arrange a free consultation or have a read of my latest blog about how an interior designer can help you. […]

Pop-up In The Palm House Success! | Interior Design Service In Liverpool