UPDATE: This opening has closed.
Hello and Happy New Year! It’s been a rollercoaster past 12 months, yet Natalie Holden Interiors is growing with an interior design job vacancy and excited to be on the hunt for someone to assist with our projects.
Our small interior design company is based across Liverpool and Manchester, and has an exciting opportunity for someone who is looking to break into the interior design industry. We have a supportive ethos, flexible approach and a forward thinking mindset!
We’re looking for an aspiring junior designer/interior design assistant to help with our exciting portfolio of residential and commercial projects. It will be a diverse and hands on role starting off at one day a week initially on a freelance basis with the expectation that this will grow into an employed role within 12 months due to current project demand. Hourly rate to be discussed depending on experience.
- Creative flair with good problem solving skills (Essential)
- Customer service experience and/or good communication skills (Essential)
- Good organisational skills (Essential)
- Ability to adapt and work under pressure to deadlines (Essential)
- Attention to detail (Essential)
- Confidence working with numbers and scale – to assist with measuring, costing and understanding architectural drawings (Essential)
- Full driving license and car – to access projects on site across Liverpool, Wirral, Cheshire and Manchester (Essential)
- Design qualification at degree level or equivalent is desired but not essential if can demonstrate a keen eye and can show examples of design capability (will also consider student applicants)
- Experience with Auto CAD, Sketch -up, Microsoft Office and Adobe Photoshop or ability to learn quickly (Desired)
- Liaising with suppliers/ trades for obtaining quotes, samples and product information
- Assistance with design presentations including creation of mood boards and space planning.
- Product sourcing
- Styling (on occasion)
- Site measures (on occasion)
- Assistance with design meetings and presentation pitches once settled in
The Location: The role will accommodate flexible working hours and will start off remotely, however you may also be required on occasion to assist on site for client meetings / styling / measures (will be planned in advance with notice). Eventually you will be required to work either from our Liverpool/South Manchester office every so often as the role grows. Work days can be discussed to work around existing commitments.
If you are interested in this interior design job vacancy, please e-mail a copy of your CV and sample portfolio to email@example.com